It's so easy to bitch about things in life that I thought I would just have a list of the stuff I love!
I love my new Bare Escentuals makeup! OMG! How did I not know about this? oh yeah. I don't have tv. So I didn't see those infomercials until we were in a hotel for the Punk Knits tour. This stuff is great! I actually 'enjoy' putting on my makeup everyday now instead of dreading it. Wow.
I love the bird feeder that Bam built in our backyard. He just knocked it up one day in about an hour and we've been feeding the finches and sparrows ever since.
I love Liquid Worm Poo. This has to be the best food for your plants and tomatoes etc. Awesome stuff. Plus it's totally 'green' what with using old soda bottles. Good for the garden, good for the planet. Cool.
I love TED. I wanna be clever enough to speak there. Maybe on how knitting can change the world. One stitch at a time. For now, I'm content to watch the free mov's of the speakers. (hey, I know TED happened a while back...but I still love it.)
I love Macs. Yep. I'm one of those 'switchers'. I had a PC for years. Worked it to death too. Never had a virus and built a ton of websites with it. Now? OMG! Macs are like butter and PC's are like gravel. There's just no comparison. While we're on the subject....no, I did not get an iPhone. Yes I want one. But not so badly that I'll pay the penalty for switching carriers AND pay for the phone. Sheesh! They'll come down in price...just you wait. I'll be there when they do. For now...I'm living vicariously through my friends who have them. (and love them!!!!!)
I love Fifth Element. Why are there not more films like this? Luc Besson hit paydirt when he made that one. We were in Fry's the other day (big electronics store for those of you who are not techie types) and Fifth Element was playing on ONE enormous screen. OMG. Bam had to pull me away. I wanted to just sit down and watch it for the 99th time. Pretty funny considering he loves it as much as I do. I want those flying cars. I want the Gaulthier designed clothes. It's just great escapism.
I love being a raw foodist. It's been nearly a year and a half now. Wow! We just got our first amazing juicer. The Champion. We can just freeze bananas or strawberries now and pop them through with the 'blank' plate and voila! Ice cream! Notice how the raw thing led to the immediate discussion of sweets? Yeah. I'm a sweetaholic. The raw food sweets are awesome cuz I can eat as much as I want of them. In the meantime...of course, we've taken our passion and decided we had to share it with the world! We are launching a raw 'cooking' show...coming your way very very soon. (Hosted by Bam!)
Things I want to love:
- MBT Shoes - These are supposedly amazing. We talked to a guy on a film shoot who was wearing them and he said they totally work. I'm all for getting toned legs while I go for a walk. I mean...extra toned!
- Owning a house: yeah, I'd love to buy a house in Venice, CA. That's my dream. Will it happen? yes. Just not sure how or when...but it will.
- A hybrid car: This is just common sense isn't it? Ideally, I'd love one of those Toyota Highlander Hybrids. Yeah baby. Roominess with greenness. That works for me. Trips to Home Depot and the yarn store and throw the drums and amps in the back!
- A Vacation: We keep talking about taking one...but then we just keep working. We managed to go to the beach for one whole day but it was super windy. Outside of that, we've been workaholics.
- The new Harry Potter book: I admit it. I want it. I'll probably get it tomorrow if it isn't sold out. We just saw the new HP flick. I liked it. I know it's dark and some folks complained...but hey...it's summertime and it was hot outside....it totally worked for me!
Well, life has been full of surprises lately and I hope they keep coming. Oh...if any of you voted for us in that contest? We won! Thank you!!!!!!!!
Keep dreaming, keep believing ...keep knitting.